An On-Demand Solution for High Quality Corrugated Printing
Liz Logue, EFI
The EFI Nozomi C18000 single-pass press is a 71-inch (1.8-meter) wide, ultra-high-speed press designed for reliable, industrial production of highquality corrugated packaging, with 24/7 production. Printing at speeds up to 246 linear feet per minute – or 10,000 35×35 boards per hour two up – the press has proven itself to be an efficient, highly effective digital production solution.
Unlike other corrugated production lines, a single operator can run the Nozomi press, which has a single-pass, piezo grayscale inkjet writing system that delivers accurate, high-fidelity color, including excellent, consistent reproduction on solid areas. The press is available in either a four-color or a six-color configuration of Genuine EFI Inks (CMYK, orange and violet) for superior-quality, expanded-gamut imaging expanded-gamut imaging with matte, satin or glossy finishes. It includes systems that preserve print-head life and avoid stoppage.
The press offers high-quality printing with Genuine EFI inks. Developed with the expertise from EFI’s background as the world’s largest manufacturer of UV- and LED-cure industrial inkjet inks, these inks are odorless, maintain flexibility for creasing, and are hard enough to withstand rubbing.
The press’s advanced EFI Fiery digital front end handles the large data streams needed even for complex jobs featured variable text and graphics, providing nearly instant data file uploads and processing. Additional features and benefits of the press include:
- A 100% in-line image quality inspection system that actively manages and optimizes inkjet nozzle alignment and uniformity errors for the highest possible imaging quality
- A high-productivity, permanent head architecture that eliminates the downtime associated with replacing consumable printheads
- A fully integrated, programmable top- and bottom-feed system that also handles media separation, lift, transport and alignment at full press speeds
- An in-line primer that gives customers control over dot gain and ink absorption on different types of corrugated top sheets
- Compatibility with the broad range of board for nearly any type of board application, everything from 14-point cardstock to a full range of corrugated flutes – A, B, C, D, E, F, G, N, O, AB, AC, BC, EB, EF, and triple wall – with all of Technology description for the EFI Nozomi C18000 single-pass corrugated packaging press them printing full press-rated speeds.
An EFI Corrugated Packaging Suite MES workflow available with the press facilitates plant-wide management and integration of digital production for a full, end-to-end business and production framework.