The Technical Association of the Graphic Arts is pleased to announce the call for Scientific and Technical Innovation Papers for the 2021 Proceedings. This provides authors one of the premier platforms for communication, publication, and outreach in the graphic communications industry. Since 1949 the annual TAGA Proceedings have been the most influential collection of scientific papers in our industry, referred to by industry leaders, innovators, researchers, scientists, and end users.
- Gain worldwide recognition for your scientific and technical innovation research
- Receive feedback on your industry-leading research and innovation from virtual Q&A sessions that will be arranged at a later date
- Showcase your innovative technology to position yourself at the leading edge of the graphic communications industry
- Due to the 2021 conference being cancelled, all accepted abstract authors will have the option to provide a 30 minutes video presentation to further explain your research
- Have your paper published in the peer-reviewed TAGA Proceedings book
Scientific Papers are based on emerging science, technology, and the application of all forms of graphic technology and printing processes, including offset lithography, flexo, gravure, digital, inkjet, and screen printing.
Technical Innovation Papers will cover topics where a broad technology perspective needs to be provided. They will focus on issues that are current to the industry and critical to its development and will additionally include ideas and solutions relevant to the wider range of the graphic arts industry, including technical reviews.
Papers cover the full range of topics impacting the industry. A special emphasis for the 2021 Proceedings will be on papers related to sustainability, packaging, printed electronics, automation, and printed textiles. Papers can also cover such topics as automation, equipment, ink, substrates, color, visualization, displays, materials, curing, process control, data management, workflow, security, nanotechnology, 3D printing, novel applications, fundamental science, and software and computer developments related to all types of printing processes.
Papers will be selected on the basis of submitted abstracts of 500–1,500 words and may include figures. Prospective authors should indicate Scientific Paper or Technical Innovation Paper.
Papers accepted will be published in the 2021 TAGA Proceedings. Video presentations are optional, but encouraged to be submitted. All videos will be made available on the TAGA website. TAGA is recognized worldwide as the most prestigious and comprehensive literature resource for graphic arts sciences and technologies.
All submissions can be sent to TAGA@printing.org.
- The deadline for abstracts is January 11, 2021.
- Authors will be notified of the status of their abstract no later than March 1, 2021.
- For the abstracts that have been accepted, the papers and optional video presentations are due by May 31, 2021.