Student membership in the Technical Association of the Graphic Arts sets the foundation for a future career in the graphic communications industry, whether you become a practitioner, researcher, or educator. It offers opportunities for students to learn about technological innovations and future developments as well as to build relationships with industry professionals, leaders and potential mentors. Staying on the leading edge of technology is an excellent way to jump start your career, no matter where it leads.
Here are some of the membership benefits especially pertinent to students:
- A steeply discounted student registration fee for the Annual Technical Conference, a three-day forum of academic and applied research and technology innovations that impact the graphic communications industry.
- The published annual TAGA Proceedings book that contains the full text of the research papers selected for presentation.
- Access to the digital archive of the 70-year archive of TAGA papers, including seminal work that is the foundation of current industry standards and specifications.
- An invitation to submit papers to the peer-reviewed TAGA Proceedings.
- Two free years of TAGA membership following graduation (upon request).